Ecosa Mattress Review
Why we love Ecosa:
Who’s Going to Love The Ecosa Mattress
- You want a pressure-relieving memory foam mattress: The Ecosa mattress is a full memory foam mattress, so if you’re after something that moulds perfectly to your body, this one’s for you.
- You want tailor-made firmness: With 3 customisable layers and firmness levels to choose from, you can’t beat the Ecosa.
- You’re a side, back, or stomach sleeper: Ideal for back, side or stomach sleepers, whatever your sleeper style, the Ecosa is an incredibly comfortable and supportive mattress.
Who Should Consider Alternatives To The Ecosa Mattress
- You want a hybrid mattress: If you’re after a hybrid mattress – and one with a little more bounce, you might not enjoy the Ecosa so much.
- You want a soft mattress: Even at its softest setting, the Ecosa mattress overall is quite firm, so if you love an ultra-soft mattress, you might not get the desired comfort from the Ecosa.
What Does the Ecosa Mattress Feel Like to Sleep On?
Overall no matter which firmness level you choose, the Ecosa mattress wouldn’t be classified as a soft mattress. It’s firm, supportive and completely moulds to your body, offering excellent pressure-relieving properties in all the right places.
The standard Ecosa mattress is delivered in a medium-pressure, which is how all Ecosa mattresses are shipped. It’s easier to get a firmer mattress by swapping the layers or flipping the mattress.
Medium configuration (side sleepers): The layers include a G-7 Gel Memory Foam on top, the ECO-Tex Memory Foam in the middle, and then the Ergonomic Support Foam on the bottom. We’d rate this a 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale (with 10 being the firmest). This configuration is best for side sleepers as it gently cradles your shoulders and hips and keeps your spine in a healthy alignment.
Medium-firm (stomach sleepers): This can be created with the ECO-Tex Memory Foam on top, then the G-7 Gel Memory Foam, and the Ergonomic Support Foam. We’d rate this a 7.5 on the firmness scale and suggest this configuration for stomach sleepers, with the ECO-Tex Memory Foam offering a slightly firmer feel to support your hips, neck and prevent your lower back from sinking into the mattress.
Firm (back sleepers): The firm pressure option comes with a configuration of the Ergonomic Support Foam on top, followed by the G-7 Gel Memory Foam, and then the ECO-Tex Memory Foam. This is about an 8 out of 10 on the firmness scale and the best configuration for back sleepers, keeping you nice and buoyant above the bed while also moulding to your body to prevent aches and pain that can sometimes occur with a bed that’s too firm.
Other Important Features
- Cooling: One of the great benefits of the Ecosa mattress is its ability to facilitate cooling. With the open cell and gel memory foam surface layers, this mattress will sleep cool for nearly everyone – so hot sleepers and neutral sleepers alike will love it.
- Edge support: Edge support sits within the normal limits of a foam mattress. Basically, if you sit on the edge of a memory foam mattress you will sink in slightly. All foam compresses with weight, and the Ecosa mattress does not have the inner springs to rebound you.
- Responsiveness: Being a memory foam mattress, the Ecosa mattress isn’t as responsive as say a hybrid mattress. However, as a combo sleeper myself, I didn’t find myself getting stuck in the mattress as I moved around and it certainly facilitated an easy transition from my front, to my side and my back.
Motion Isolation: Is It Good For Those Who Share A Bed?
Overall, the Ecosa mattress is great for couples. The motion isolation here is really strong, so if you find yourself waking easily to your partner’s (or dog’s) movements, you should be able to sleep soundly and not be worried about being woken by restlessness.
It’s also worth noting the Ecosa mattress will support up to a total of 300kg, or 150kg per sleeper. So most people should be able to fit comfortably on the mattress, but if you or your partner combined weigh more than 300kg, you might need to consider an alternative mattress to get the most out of it.
Get 30% off
Ecosa Mattress Construction
Obviously, you cannot slice and dice your Ecosa mattress (well, you could, but that’d be silly), so we’ve done it for you. Here’s what it looks like on the inside:
The Ecosa mattress starts with a Tencel and polyester cover that can be removed and washed, which sits over a waterproof ‘inner cover’ that is designed to keep the Ecosa mattress waterproof and dust mite-free. You can remove the waterproof cover if you want.
The Tencel and waterproof covers sit over multiple foam comfort layers that include a ‘G-7 Gel Memory Foam’ and an ‘ECO-Tex Memory Foam’. The Ecosa mattress also has pincore holes, which allow air to flow freely through all layers of the mattress, which is especially ideal for hot sleepers.
What truly makes the Ecosa mattress a winner is the specialised cover materials. The inner cover is made of a German-engineered microfilament fibre. With tiny filaments, this fabric is 100% waterproof and protects the foam layers from 99% of dust mites. It’s also nice and breathable. Around this layer is a removable double-knitted polyester cover, which uses high-quality fabric for breathability and flexibility.
How Much Does The Ecosa Mattress Cost?
The Ecosa mattress comes in at an excellent price point for its high-quality materials and construction. What’s even better is members receive a 30% discount – and it’s free to become a member. All you need to do is subscribe to the Ecosa email database – easy peasy!
Shipping & Unboxing Of The Ecosa Mattress
Delivery of the Ecosa Mattress is free and the mattress can be delivered Australia-wide – next-day for metro areas.
Unboxing the Ecosa is pretty simple – it’s heavy enough to need two people. But, it’s pretty easy to maneuver with a handle and wheels built right into the box. This is actually true for ALL the Ecosa mattresses, they have this handy box feature.
Removing the Ecosa from its packaging was easy enough, and it comes with a handy plastic cutter.
Ecosa Mattress Warranty Information
Ecosa offers a 15 year warranty. Anyone who has purchased the mattress from Ecosa is entitled to the warranty. The warranty covers defects in workmanship and materials of the Ecosa Mattress that has at all times only been in normal domestic use.
Ecosa Vital vs Ecosa vs Ecosa Pure
Tossing up between the three mattresses? Well, read our in-depth review here to find your perfect fit.
But as a TLDR:
- If you want the ultimate level of customisation, I’d choose the Ecosa G-7 memory foam.
- If you’re eco-conscious and want a mattress that’s sustainably made, choose the Pure mattress.
- If you’re OK with no customisation and a mattress with slightly more responsiveness, the Vital might be right for you.
Addressing Ecosa Mattress Complaints
For the most part, the Ecosa mattress is well-loved and incredibly popular in a box. However, that’s not to say it’s loved by all (no mattress possibly ever could be!) Here are some of the more common complaints about the Ecosa mattress:
- Some suggest it’s too firm (even on the medium setting).
- Some say it fails to live up to its claims past 100 nights – with sagging and lack of support apparent.
- Some users also suggest customer support could be better, while others say delivery took longer than expected.
As someone who typically opts for a softer mattress, I was interested to see how I felt sleeping on the Ecosa mattress. It took a few nights to get used to a slightly firmer mattress (I kept it in the standard ‘medium’ firmness the mattress is shipped in) but 30 days on and I can confidently say my body has moulded really well to the mattress and I’ve had consistently good nights’ sleep.
I typically sleep alone, but the nights my partner joined me (and he is a restless sleeper), I was could feel him move slightly, but I’m also a light sleeper. And, as someone who often suffers from back and neck pain, this has been greatly reduced after a month of sleeping on the Ecosa mattress.
Are you in search of the prime destination for mattress reviews in Australia? Look no further than our comprehensive platform! Our extensive analyses are dedicated to helping you find the perfect mattress that aligns with your personal preferences. Whether you’re after sublime comfort, unparalleled support, or unique features, we’ve got all angles covered.
Take a virtual tour of mattressreviews.com.au, where you can explore an impressive array of top-rated mattress options, enabling you to make a well-considered decision for a night of uninterrupted sleep.
- What’s the Best Mattress for Sex?
- What’s the Best Mattress for Back Pain?
- The 4 Best Mattresses For Tall People
- The 8 Best Firm Mattresses in Australia (2023)
- The Best Super King Mattress Brands in Australia (2023)
- The Best Australian Mattress in a Box Brand
- What is Australia’s Best Overall Mattress?