Ecosa Vital Mattress Review
Why we love Ecosa Vital:
Who’s Going to Love The Ecosa Vital Mattress
The Vital mattress is Ecosa’s budget option, coming in at a decent $950 for a Queen. Like the Pure mattress, the Vital mattress was built with sustainability in mind. OceanCycle certified, with 120 plastic bottles collected from the ocean and repurposed into the Vital Mattress cover. It’s carbon-neutral and Oeko Tex 100 certified. The only drawback of this mattress is that it’s not adjustable like the other two in the range: it’s shipped as medium-firm and it cannot be changed. If you want an adjustable mattress, see our Ecosa Mattress Review.
So, who will love this mattress?
- Bargain hunters will definitely enjoy this value mattress, with a Queen coming in at less than $1,000.
- If you sleep cold and need a bed to warm you up, the Ecosa Vital is just the ticket.
- Being a medium-firm mattress, it’ll suit all sleeper styles from stomach to side to back.
Who Should Consider Alternatives To The Ecosa Vital Mattress
While the Ecosa Vital is a budget mattress and there’s plenty to love, there are also a few reasons you might not enjoy this mattress:
- If you want customisation, you won’t find it here. The mattress is shipped as medium-firm, and you can’t flip it to change the firmness like the Ecosa and Ecosa Pure.
- As alluded to above, it does sleep hot, so if you want an ultra-cooling mattress, this might not be the one for you.
- Being a hybrid mattress, motion isolation isn’t the best on this mattress, so if you sleep with someone who tosses and turns a lot, perhaps consider an alternative mattress.
The Ecosa Vital Mattress Video Review
Check out of my review of the Ecosa Vital below!
The Ecosa Vital Mattress Firmness
I’d rate the Ecosa Vital a 7/10 on the firmness scale (with 10 being the firmest). Being a hybrid mattress, it’s pretty responsive, so you do move around a lot easier than with an all foam mattress. The main support section of the Ecosa Vital Mattress is a 7 zone pocket spring system, which offers decent support and my spine felt nice and aligned sleeping on this mattress.
Is Ecosa Vital Mattress Good For Larger (100kg+) People?
The Vital Mattress will support up to a total of 300kg, or 150kg per sleeper, so it should comfortably support most sleepers. However, if you are a heavier person, it’s worth noting the mattress is quite thin in comparison to other mattress in a box products, so it might not be the most comfortable option for you.
What Does The Ecosa Vital Feel Like?
A comfortable hybrid mattress with medium-firm, the Vital Mattress has 7 zones of pocket springs along the body to ensure better alignment and support where you need it, so you can have a pain-free sleep.
And, because the mattress is made of pocket springs, you can expect a bit more bounce from this mattress, which depending on your needs might be a good or bad thing. However, if partner disturbance is important for you, it’s worth mentioning that while Ecosa says this mattress has zero partner disturbance, pocket spring mattresses, in general, aren’t known for their motion transfer capabilities.
Is The Ecosa Vital Cooling?
On the Ecosa Vital web page, it says the combination of memory foam with pincore holes and zoned pocket springs allows for air to flow freely throughout all layers of the Vital Mattress, leaving you with a breathable mattress and an ultra-cool night’s sleep.
That wasn’t my experience. Sleeping too hot was my biggest complaint of the Ecosa Vital mattress, but in saying that, body temperature is a very subjective and personal thing.
How Is The Edge Support Of The Ecosa Vital Mattress?
Edge support is lacking a bit on the Ecosa Vital, and compared to similar products, the mattress is quite thin so you do feel like you’re sinking into the edge a little bit.
How Is The Responsiveness Of The Ecosa Vital Mattress?
Being a hybrid memory foam/pocket springs mattress, the Ecosa Vital is definitely more on the responsive side, but perhaps not as responsive as you’d expect for a hybrid mattress.
Motion Isolation: Is It Good For Those Who Share A Bed?
Motion transfer on this mattress is present, but in most cases a restless partner shouldn’t be a huge problem. With that said, partner disturbance will depend on the size of the bed (e.g. king size) and the size of the occupants of the bed.
Ecosa Vital Mattress Construction
There are seven layers to the Ecosa Vital:
Removable OceanCycled™ Cover
You can easily zip this top off and pop it in your washing machine.
Air Memory Foam
Pincore holes in the memory foam allow for ultra-breathability.
Pressure relieving comfort foam to support you through the night.
Alleviates the reactive force of the pocket springs and is supposed to enhance no partner disturbance.
7 Zone Pocket Springs
7 zones of support for each part of the body, supporting your spine and cushions pressure points.
Protective layer for the pocket springs, made from 100% recycled materials.
Firm foam supports and protects the pocket spring
How Much Does The Ecosa Vital Mattress Cost?
Shipping & Unboxing Of The Ecosa Vital Mattress
Delivery of the Ecosa Vital Mattress is free and the mattress can be delivered Australia-wide – next-day for metro areas.
Unboxing the Ecosa Vital is pretty simple – and it’s pretty light at 40kg. Either way, it is pretty easy to maneuver with a handle and wheels built right into the box. This is actually true for ALL the Ecosa mattresses, they have this handy box feature.
Removing the Ecosa Vital from its packaging was easy enough, and it comes with a handy plastic cutter too.
What Is And Isn’t Covered By The Ecosa Vital Warranty
What is covered
Ecosa offers a 15 year warranty. The warranty covers the following:
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 20mm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation as described in the FAQ.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has not been handled improperly.
- In respect of the mattress cover only, any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover. As noted below, a defect in respect of the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement Ecosa Pure Mattress, just the cover itself.
What isn’t covered
If it does not fall into one of the categories above in the ‘What does the warranty cover?’ section, then it is not covered by the warranty. For example:
- A normal increase in the softness of the mattress which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Abnormal use.
- Physical abuse or damage to the mattress which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains.
- Exposure to cold temperatures for a period of time that causes the materials to tear or permanently deform.
- Dirt, stains, smells, or bed bug infestations resulting from poor mattress care.
- Mould on the mattress of any kind.
- Replacement of an Ecosa Pure Mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress.
- For mattresses a defect or change in the mattress that is only a minor variation or normal change which does not affect the pressure redistributing properties of the product.
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
- Ecosa will not accept exchanges for another size when the bundle deal is purchased.
Ecosa Vital Trial Period & Returns
You have 100 nights to decide if the Ecosa Vital is right for you.
To be eligible for a return, you must have been sleeping on your Ecosa Vital Mattress for a minimum of 14 nights. This is because it can take between 2-4 weeks for your body to adjust to any mattress.
If you are not completely satisfied after this trial period and before 100 nights of purchasing the mattress, you are eligible for a full refund from Ecosa.
They will come pick up the mattress (free of charge to you) and donate it to a charity partner.
Addressing Ecosa Vital Mattress Complaints
Because the Ecosa Vital is a realtivley new mattress, there aren’t too amny reviews yet. However, I can say my biggest complain about the Ecosa Vital is how hot I slept in it (at the end of Autumn too).
Some people suggest the mattress was also too firm for their liking.
At the end of the day, the Ecosa Vital is a very budget-friendly mattress, and you can expect out of it as much as you pay for it. For it’s price and for it’s eco-friendly materials, it’s pretty great value for money. But where it really loses points is it’s lack of customisation, besides buying an additional mattress topper.
Do you have the Ecosa Vital? Do you love it or did you send it back? Let me know in the comments!
Are you in search of the prime destination for mattress reviews in Australia? Look no further than our comprehensive platform! Our extensive analyses are dedicated to helping you find the perfect mattress that aligns with your personal preferences. Whether you’re after sublime comfort, unparalleled support, or unique features, we’ve got all angles covered.
Take a virtual tour of mattressreviews.com.au, where you can explore an impressive array of top-rated mattress options, enabling you to make a well-considered decision for a night of uninterrupted sleep.