Ecosa Pure Mattress Review
Why we love Ecosa Pure:
Who’s Going to Love The Ecosa Pure Mattress
The Ecosa Pure Mattress is Ecosa’s top-of-the-line mattress in its range which also includes the entry-level Ecosa Vital Mattress and the popular middle-tier Ecosa Mattress.
It’s a true hybrid mattress combining the best of foam, latex, micro coils and springs for the ultimate not-too-soft but responsive feel. You’ll love it if:
- You’re after a highly responsive bed
- You’re eco-conscious and want an enviro-friendly bed
- You want a softer-feel yet supportive bed
Who Should Consider Alternatives To The Ecosa Pure Mattress
There aren’t many reasons not to love the Ecosa Pure, but here are a couple of reasons:
- You’re after a single, king single or double bed (mattress only comes in queen and king)
- You’re after something more budget-friendly
- You want an ultra-firm mattress
The Ecosa Pure Mattress Video Review
Check out our video review below.
The Ecosa Pure Mattress Firmness
The Ecosa Pure mattress comes with a handy customisation feature (similar to a number of mattress in a box products). You can choose between medium and medium-firm. It comes shipped as a medium.
It’s medium setting I would rate a 6/10 – it’s pretty soft, especially in comparison to Koala. The medium-firm setting I’d rate a 6.5-7/10 – it’s certainly not as firm as say its mid-tier mattress (Ecosa) or even its budget mattress (Vital).
Is The Ecosa Pure Mattress Good For Larger (100kg+) People?
The Pure Mattress will support up to a total of 300kg, or 150kg per sleeper, so it should comfortably support most sleepers.
What Does The Ecosa Pure Feel Like?
The Ecosa Pure is one of the softest mattresses I tested – but it’s not too soft. It’s like Goldilocks: it’s just right.
The medium setting is responsive (soft and bouncy), while still offering great pressure relief. The bounciness of this mattress is typical, considering it has two layers of latex and a layer of micro springs.
The medium setting should be good for most sleeper styles, but I think stomach and side sleepers will benefit most from it.
The difference between medium and medium-firm option is apparent, but not huge. The medium-firm basically just feels a little more dense, and perhaps not as bouncy.
Because the medium-firm version is a little denser, I’d say this setting would be best for back sleepers, and some side sleepers too. It’s not as bouncy as the medium, but still highly responsive.
Is The Ecosa Pure Cooling?
Unlike their original value-range ‘Ecosa Mattress’, which has a gel-infused memory foam to help dissipate heat, the luxury Pure Mattress uses an ultra-breathable latex foam, micro coils and pocket springs which allows the air to flow freely throughout the mattress. While the foam only mattress did a good job, the Pure Mattress performed noticeably better.
How Is The Edge Support Of The Ecosa Pure Mattress?
The edge support on the Ecosa Pure is excellent. That’s because this mattress has firmer springs that surround the edge of it for reinforced edge support, so there’s no rolling off in the middle of the night and it’s pretty sturdy when you sit on the edge and push off the bed.
How Is The Responsiveness Of The Ecosa Pure Mattress?
Being a latex/spring hybrid mattress, the Ecosa Pure is one of the most responsive beds in the mattress-in-a-box market. While this does mean motion transfer is slightly more present in the bed, it’s not over-the-top noticeable. And, it makes moving and changing positions a lot easier, so it’s a great option for a combo sleeper.
Motion Isolation: Is It Good For Those Who Share A Bed?
Motion transfer on this mattress is present, but in most cases a restless partner shouldn’t be a problem. With that said, partner disturbance will depend on the size of the bed (e.g. king size) and the size of the occupants of the bed.
Ecosa Pure Mattress Construction
The Ecosa Pure Mattress can be broken up into 7 layers.
1. Removable OceanCycled™ Cover
Made from 80 plastic bottles, simply zip the top off and pop your washing machine.
2. BounceTech™ Dunlop Latex
Open cell dunlop Latex for breathable comfort with medium firmness.
3. Micro Coil Technology
Thousands of tiny coils evenly distribute weight, allow airflow, and provide pressure relief.
4. Adaptive Talalay Latex
High Density Talalay latex for a medium-firm feel and dynamic support.
5. Recycled Felt
Protective material for the pocket springs, made from 100% recycled materials.
6. 7 Zone Pocket Springs
7 zones of support across the body to ensure spinal alignment and create no partner disturbance, with reinforced edge support.
7. Reinforced Latex Foam
Firm latex foam supports the pocket springs.
How Much Does the Ecosa Pure Cost?
Interestingly, the Ecosa Pure only comes in 2 sizes – Queen and King.
Shipping & Unboxing Of The Ecosa Pure Mattress
Delivery of the Ecosa Pure Mattress is free and the mattress can be delivered Australia-wide – next-day for metro areas.
Unboxing the Ecosa Pure is pretty simple – but one thing to keep in mind is it’s HEAVY. The Ecosa Pure Mattress weighs in at a whopping 70kg. But, they did make it easier to maneuver with a handle and wheels built right into the box.
This is actually true for ALL the Ecosa mattresses, they have this handy box feature.
Removing the Ecosa Pure Mattress from its packaging was easy enough, and it comes with a handy plastic cutter. However, I’d definitely recommend getting a friend to help to avoid any muscle strain!
Ecosa Pure Mattress Warranty Information
What is covered
Ecosa offers a 15 year warranty.
Anyone who has purchased the mattress from Ecosa is entitled to the warranty.
The warranty covers the following defects in workmanship and materials of the Ecosa Pure Mattress that has at all times only been in normal domestic use:
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 20mm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation as described in the FAQ.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has not been handled improperly.
- In respect of the mattress cover only, any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover. As noted below, a defect in respect of the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement Ecosa Pure Mattress, just the cover itself.
What isn’t covered
If it does not fall into one of the categories above in the ‘What does the warranty cover?’ section, then it is not covered by the warranty. For example:
- A normal increase in the softness of the mattress which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Abnormal use.
- Physical abuse or damage to the mattress which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains.
- Exposure to cold temperatures for a period of time that causes the materials to tear or permanently deform.
- Dirt, stains, smells, or bed bug infestations resulting from poor mattress care.
- Mould on the mattress of any kind.
- Replacement of an Ecosa Pure Mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress.
- For mattresses a defect or change in the mattress that is only a minor variation or normal change which does not affect the pressure redistributing properties of the product.
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
- Ecosa will not accept exchanges for another size when the bundle deal is purchased.
Ecosa Pure Trial Period & Returns
You have 100 nights to decide if the Ecosa Pure is right for you.
To be eligible for a return, you must have been sleeping on your Ecosa Pure Mattress for a minimum of 14 nights. This is because it can take between 2-4 weeks for your body to adjust to any mattress.
If you are not completely satisfied after this trial period and before 100 nights of purchasing the mattress, you are eligible for a full refund from Ecosa.
They will come pick up the mattress (free of charge to you) and donate it to a charity partner.
Ecosa Vital vs Ecosa vs Ecosa Pure
Tossing up between the three mattresses? Here’s what I’d say.
If you want the ultimate level of customisation, I’d choose the Ecosa G-7 memory foam.
If you’re eco-conscious and want a mattress that’s sustainably made, choose the Pure mattress.
If you’re OK with no customisation and a mattress with slightly more responsiveness, the Vital might be right for you.
How a mattress feels is very subjective, so take this advice with a grain of salt. I personally enjoyed sleeping on the Pure mattress best. I found it exceptionally comfy in every position and loved knowing I was sleeping on a product that’s eco-friendly.
I also love the Ecosa G-7 as I find its firmest setting very comfortable, but I don’t need it to be ultra-firm, which is why I liked the Pure in its medium-firm setting.
The Vital is definitely comfortable, but I did find it to be a bit too responsive for my liking. The extra “bounce” is not something I’m used to, but if you’re someone who is used to a spring/hybrid mattress, the Vital might be just what you’re after.
If you’re after a mattress that does everything pretty damn well and budget isn’t a concern, you should definitely consider the Ecosa Pure Mattress.
- It’s firm but not too hard for those with bad backs.
- It’s still adjustable with two settings so you can find the right firmness level for you.
- It has 7 zone coil spring support so it supports different areas of your body
- It’s a true hybrid mattress combining the best of foam, latex, micro coils and springs for the ultimate not-too-soft but responsive feel.
And that’s my take! Do you have the Ecosa Pure? What do you think of it? Let me know in the comments!
Are you in search of the prime destination for mattress reviews in Australia? Look no further than our comprehensive platform! Our extensive analyses are dedicated to helping you find the perfect mattress that aligns with your personal preferences. Whether you’re after sublime comfort, unparalleled support, or unique features, we’ve got all angles covered.
Take a virtual tour of mattressreviews.com.au, where you can explore an impressive array of top-rated mattress options, enabling you to make a well-considered decision for a night of uninterrupted sleep.