Ecosa Align Mattress Review (2023)
Is the Ecosa Align the firmest mattress on the mattress-in-a-box market? How firm is too firm? Is it good for couples? Will you finally get the good night’s sleep you’ve been dreaming of? We put it to the test. Check out our full review after 30 night’s sleep below.
✔️ This is the firmest mattress we’ve tried – firmer than all Ecosa’s other mattresses, firmer than Emma, Sleeping Duck, Koala and more.
✔️ It’s not an adjustable mattress, but if you love a firm mattress, you won’t want to adjust it anyway
✔️ It’s a hybrid mattress combining the best of latex, high-density foam and pocket springs
If the thought of sinking into a soft mattress doesn’t appeal to you, you’re in the right place. We’re about to take a closer look at the Ecosa Align Firm Mattress, a solution that promises not just a good night’s sleep, but a firm and supportive one. Let’s explore why this mattress might be the solid choice you’re looking for.
😍You’ll Love the Ecosa Align if:
- You’re a back sleeper: If you sleep on your back, you need a firm mattress to keep your neck, spine and lower back in alignment as you sleep. A firm mattress is the ideal mattress for your sleeper type – making the Ecosa Align the perfect fit for your needs.
- You’re a bargain hunter: Ecosa members can nab a Queen size Ecosa Align for just $820 – an absolute steal for a mattress of this quality. It’s free to become a member too – all you need to do is sign up for the Ecosa newsletter on their website. Easy!
- You sleep with a partner (or dog): Motion isolation on this mattress is excellent. With thicker pocket springs and a reinforced edge, the Align greatly reduces partner (and pet) disturbance.
👎🏻You Should Consider Alternatives to the Ecosa Align if:
- You want a customisable mattress: Unlike the Ecosa original and the Ecosa Pure, this mattress isn’t adjustable. So if you like to have the option of tailoring the firmness, we recommend trialling the Ecosa original or Pure.
- You’re a side/stomach sleeper: This mattress is a firm mattress – the firmest we’ve tried here at mattressreviews.com.au. If you’re a stomach or side sleeper, you will find this mattress does not offer the support in the places you need it most (hips, shoulder etc). For side/stomach sleepers, we recommend the Pure or original Ecosa mattress so you can find the perfect firmness level for your needs.
Does the Ecosa Align Suit Your Sleeping Style?🥱
✅ Back Sleepers: The firmness of the Align Firm Mattress offers a reliable and sturdy surface, keeping your spine in a neutral position throughout the night.
✅Combo Sleepers: The Align is structured to reduce motion transfer significantly, allowing you to switch positions effortlessly without disturbing the mattress’s stability. You might also enjoy the Ecosa Mattress.
❌ Side Sleepers:
For a good option for your needs, check out the Ecosa Vital Mattress.
❌ Stomach Sleepers:
Discover the Ecosa Pure Mattress – a winning mattress for stomach sleepers.
How Firm is the Ecosa Align Mattress? 🧱
The Align wins the gong for the firmest mattress we’ve tested here. It sits at an 8.5/10 on the firmest scale, with 10/10 being the firmest mattress in the world, and 1/10 being like sleeping on a cloud.
It’s definitely distinguished itself in the mattress-in-a-box market, especially for those who value a very solid foundation during their sleep.
This mattress provides a firm yet accommodating surface that supports your body throughout the night, without any sinking sensations (literally, none).
Is it too firm? Well, only if you don’t like firm mattresses. If you don’t like to sink into your mattress at all (and if you would be ok sleeping on the floor in any given circumstance), you’ll love this mattress. It’s of course not as hard as actually sleeping on the floor, but it’s not as soft as your typical mattress, that’s for certain.
What Does it Feel Like to Sleep On? 😴
Sleeping on the Ecosa Align feels, well, as you’d expect. The high-density foam paired with pocket springs gives a supportive experience that still manages to maintain an incredible level of firmness throughout the night.
It’s comparative to Sleeping Duck’s firmest level of customisation, but then goes one step beyond to provide a truly unique firmness level.
Is it Good for Couples? 👩❤️👨
Couples and people who sleep with pets will be very happy with the Align Firm Mattress. Its advanced technology minimises motion transfer, so a restless partner won’t interrupt your sleep.
Plus, the reinforced edge support ensures both of you enjoy an ample sleeping surface without the dreaded “roll-together” effect.
Is it Good for Temperature Regulation? 🥵🥶
The mattress boasts materials that promote maximum airflow, warding off overheating during the night. Its breathable structure combined with a moisture-wicking cover ensures a cool, dry, and comfortable sleep environment, allowing you both to maintain an ideal body temperature throughout the night.
How Much Does The Ecosa Align Mattress Cost? 💰
The Ecosa Align mattress comes in at an excellent price point for its high-quality materials and construction. What’s even better is members receive a 30% discount – and it’s free to become a member. All you need to do is subscribe to the Ecosa email database.
Ecosa Mattress Align Construction 🔧
- Cooling Cover: Moisture-wicking and breathable, this Tencel blend mattress cover helps you sleep cool.
- High-Density Latex Foam: With pincore holes for airflow, hypoallergenic Dunlop Latex isolates motion, relieves pressure and improves breathability.
- Convoluted Wave Foam: CertiPUR-US certified, this moulded foam distributes weight evenly and relieves pressure on the shoulders and hips. Its egg carton shape also creates pockets of air – maximising airflow for comfy nights.
- High-Gauge Pocket Springs: Heavy-duty pocket springs provide an extra-firm sleep surface with plenty of lift. Moving independently, they provide pressure-relieving support, promote neutral spinal alignment and eliminate partner disturbance. While optimising airflow.
- Hard Felt: Provides protection for the pocket springs and adds an extra layer of support.
- 3D Mesh: The mesh sides of the mattress allow air to move freely through the layers.
- Durable Base Cover: Eco-friendly and durable, this RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate – a reusable and sustainable material) mattress base contains polyester made from recycled plastic bottles.
Shipping & Unboxing Of The Ecosa Align Mattress 🚚📦
Delivery of the Ecosa Align mattress is free and the mattress can be delivered Australia-wide – next-day for metro areas.
Unboxing the Ecosa Align is simple – it’s heavy enough to need two people. But, it’s pretty easy to manoeuvre with a handle and wheels built right into the box. This is actually true for ALL the Ecosa mattresses, they have this handy box feature.
Removing the Ecosa from its packaging was easy enough, and it comes with a handy plastic cutter (you might need scissors though, some cutters have more blade than others!)
My Review After 30 Night’s Sleep 👩🏻🦰
How’d I go after sleeping on the Ecosa Align for 30 nights?
I started off strong and really enjoyed the solid foundation the Align mattress gave me. After about a week, I started noticing the effects of sleeping on a very firm mattress and did find myself waking up a little stiffer than normal.
However, I’d put that down to me rolling onto my side or stomach during the night. If I stayed sleeping on my back, I woke up feeling pretty darn amazing.
After two weeks of sleeping on the Align, my body really started getting used to it and each night I found myself able to fall asleep quickly, and not wake up with any dreaded achy muscles or joints.
Overall, as someone who used to enjoy a soft mattress but have converted to preferring a firmer mattress more, I’d happily make the Ecosa Align my everyday mattress.
Ecosa Align Mattress Warranty 📄
Ecosa offers a generous 15-year warranty on their mattresses. Here’s what’s included and what’s not included:
- Deterioration that results in a visible indentation greater than 20mm, as long as it’s not caused by an improper foundation.
- Any physical flaws causing the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress hasn’t been mishandled.
- Manufacturing defects in the zipper assembly or mattress cover fabric (please note, this only covers the cover itself, not the entire mattress).
What’s Not Covered:
- Normal softening of the mattress that doesn’t affect its support.
- Personal comfort preferences.
- Misuse or physical damage such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains.
- Exposure to extreme cold that damages the materials.
- Issues like dirt, stains, odours, or bed bug infestations due to improper care.
- Any type of mould on the mattress.
- Replacement of the entire mattress due to a defective cover – only the cover will be replaced in this case.
- Minor variations or changes that don’t impact the mattress’s performance.
- Mattresses sold as “used,” “reconditioned,” or any similar condition indicating they’re not new.
Ecosa Align vs Ecosa Vital vs Ecosa vs Ecosa Pure 🥊
There are several differences between Ecosa’s mattress range. We have an in-depth review here, but if you just want to skip to the good stuff:
- If you are a back sleeper and love a firm (and we really do mean firm) mattress, choose the Ecosa Align/
- If you want the ultimate level of customisation, I’d choose the Ecosa G-7 memory foam.
- If you’re eco-conscious and want a mattress that’s sustainably made, choose the Pure mattress.
- If you’re OK with no customisation and a mattress with slightly more responsiveness, the Vital might be right for you.
Is Ecosa better than Koala?
When it comes to choosing between Ecosa and Koala, it’s kind of a close call since both mattresses share quite a few similarities. But in terms of the Ecosa Align, this one definitely wins as the firmest mattress on the market – firmer than any of Koala’s mattresses.
Can I sleep on my Ecosa Align straight away?
While the Align mattress does decompress very quickly, giving your mattress a bit of time to breathe is a good idea. Just a few hours of patience can set the stage for many nights of comfortable sleep. Not to mention there is a bit of a smell when it’s fresh out of the box – but this does go away within one to two hours.
Which is softer, Koala or Ecosa?
We’ve tried all the mattresses in the Koala range and the Ecosa range and overall, Ecosa’s mattresses seem to offer slightly better support (more firm and solid).